Happy Tails Rescue Home
Dog Department Store
Natural Health BLog
Personalize Rotti Gifts
Happy Tails Blog
Application and Owner Surrender Agreement
Best Friends Forever
How Can You Help?
What's For Dinner?
Donations Main Page
Best Friends Forever Donations
Pre Planned Donations
Workplace or Matching Donations
a friend about us!
Contact Us & Questionnaire
Join Our Mailing List!
PRAYER OF A STRAY
Dear God please send me somebody who'll care!
I'm tired of running, I'm sick with despair.
My body is aching, it's so racked with pain.
And Dear God I pray as I run in the rain,
"That someone will love me and give me a home.
A warm cozy bed I can call my own.
My last owner neglected me and chased me away.
To rummage in garbage and live as a stray.
But now God I'm tired and hungry and cold.
And I'm afraid that I'll never grow old.
They've chased me with sticks and hit me with stones.
While I run in the streets just looking for bones!
I'm not really bad God, please help if you can.
For I have become just a "VICTIM OF MAN! "
I'm wormy Dear God and I'm ridden with fleas and
All that I want is an owner to please!
If you find one for me God, I'll try to be good
I won't run away and I'll do as I should.
I don't think I'll make it too long on my own,
Cause I'm getting so weak and I'm so all alone.
Each night as I sleep in the bushes I cry,
Cause I'm so afraid God, that I'm gonna die!
And I've got so much love and devotion to give, that I should be given a new chance to live.
So Dear God PLEASE, PLEASE answer my prayer and send me somebody who WILL really care...
Adapted from John Quealy Prayer of a Stray
Adorable KODI, a street stray at 2 months old, where were his owners? The day he was to die at the shelter? We saved him. What a doll!
There seems to be thousands of books about every aspect of dogs that anyone could imagine, we've chosen some of our favorites about various training techniques, agility, tracking, learning to bond, silly dog tricks and lots more and made them available to you. These are grouped on a separate page where you can easily purchase them if you find them interesting. Buying from our link will not cost you a penny extra and Happy Tails will earn a few cents from each purchase that helps support our rescue
efforts. In fact, I guess you could say that we've saved some of your time by doing the searching and picking some of our favorites that should have a broad appeal. At least we give them a PAWS UP! Or you can easily search on your home. Enjoy your reading!
Click here to check out these great training books!
If you are unhappy with the health of your animal friends and are thinking about herbs, essential oils, clays, homeopathy or other natural therapies, there are thousands of books on each of those very interesting topics and it could take quite a long time to get up to speed on them,
to save you some time, we've chosen some of our favorites and made them available to you through Amazon, and it won't cost you a penny extra! These are grouped on a separate page where you can easily purchase them if you find them interesting. Buying from our link will help Happy Tails earn a few cents from each purchase that will be used to help support our rescue
efforts. In fact, I guess you could say that we've saved some of your valuable time by doing the searching and picking some of our favorites that should have a broad appeal. At least we give them a PAWS UP! Or you can easily search on your home. Enjoy your reading!
Click here to check out these great books on Herbs, Essential Oils, Clay Cures and more!
Housebreak your dog in 7 days
Bake A Dog A Bone
Help support Happy Tails Rescue every time you shop at your favorite retailers.
Don't let your dog choke on rawhide, try natural venison instead.
What if Happy Tails Rescue earned a penny every time you searched the Internet? Or how about if a percentage of every purchase you made with 2,400 top stores online went to support this worthy cause? Well, now it can!
Great Mango Wipes!
Why not try something with a great aroma and that isn't full of nasty chemicals?
GoodSearch.com is a fast growing Yahoo-powered search engine that donates half its advertising revenue, about a penny per search, to the charities its users designate.
Use it just as you would any search engine, get quality search results from Yahoo, without the built in biases of other search engines and watch how the donations really add up!
GoodShop.com also offers a new online shopping mall which donates up to 37 percent of each purchase to your favorite cause! Thousands of great stores including Amazon, Target, Gap, Best Buy, ebay, Macy's and Barnes & Noble have teamed up with GoodShop and every time you place an order, you'll be supporting your favorite cause.
Since it doesn't cost you anything and you get proven search results, there's no reason not to use it!
We hope you'll not only use GoodSearch as your main search engine from now on, but will also tell your friends, family and co-workers so they, too, can start using GoodSearch to support their favorite cause! Every little bit really does add up and can make a big difference for Happy Tails Rescue and the animals it supports. Why wouldn't you do it?
Please Copy and Paste the below application information, with your complete answers, into a word processing program, then email your Adoption Application with attached
small size <300k jpg photos of the back, front and sides of your property.
Your adoption application will generate a response from us once all of your information and photos have been received.
Happy Tails doesn't provide computer, or digital camera, lessons, and as lovers of nature we won't mail out paper applications. If you're unable to complete your application in our required format, then ask someone to help you. If you have a specific question concerning the application, then please let us know If your questions or statements indicate that you're unaware of, or attempting to bypass our process, then consider yourself ineligible for adoption. If you don't have time to familiarize yourself with our procedures, how much time will
you devote to your dog?
It may seem absurd to all of the intelligent, compassionate, gentle, civil people out there, that we are driven to include this statement for a small minority of impatient folks less inclined to show decent, minimal social graces. Happy Tails will not subject any Rott under our care to hostile environments of any type, nor will we be compelled or intimidated into adopting to anyone who believes that being rude, accusatory, insulting, or throwing a temper tantrum or landing uninvited and unappreciated on our doorstep somehow improves their chances for adoption and is acceptable public behavior. You will have failed our temperament test and communication will be terminated!
The Rottweilers under our care are here because a human has somehow failed them in the past. We're not interested in "getting rid" of these wonderful animals, our commitment to them is to attract a home that we feel best meets the
needs of each individual dog. Using the information provided, our goal is to suggest which Rotts could be potentially good blends with your lifestyle, energy, time, personalities and other animals. It could be that there are several suitable dogs and other times
there may not be any that we feel would be appropriate. You're not buying a dog for value received, you're making a donation to a charity, our minimum donation is $345.
HAPPY TAILS RESCUE ASSOCIATION ..a non profit organization.
Happy Tails Rescue Association reserves the right to refuse adoption to anyone.
No animals will be adopted to persons having a history of losing, giving away, or selling animals. Nor will animals be adopted to homes
that have had animal friends injured or killed by moving vehicles. NO animals will be adopted to prospective owners who mislead or fail to provide accurate information on the adoption application.
1. Is this your first animal friend? _____________________________________
2. What other animal friends do you currently have in your household?
Have you owned a Rottweiler before?_________________when?________________________________
4. How long did you have this dog?___________________________________________________
5. What do you know about Rottweilers:_______________________________________________
6. What other animal friends have you had that you no longer have?___________________
7. What happened to them?__________________________________________________________
8. Who is your veterinarian?_______________________________phone___________________
9. Do you currently live I a house____apt____condo_____mobile_____other_____________
10. Do you own or rent?____________Size of property__________________________________
Back yard dimensions?____________________front yard dimensions?____________________________
11. If you rent, does your lease allow animal friends?_______________________________
provide attached copy of lease.
12. How long have you lived at the above address?________________________________
13. How many adults live in your household______________how many children__________
14. Do all the adults know that you plan to adopt?___________________________________
15. What are the ages of the children in your household______________________________
16. Does anyone in your home have known allergies to animals?_______________________
17. Who will be responsible for the care of this animal friend?_____________________
18. How many hours will it spend alone without human companionship?________________
19. Where will this animal friend be kept during the day?______________Night?__________________
20. Where will the animal friend be kept when alone?________________________________________
21. Do you want the dog for a house animal friend_______guard dog_____watch dog_____gift_____or
companion for another animal friend______ hunting_______obedience/agility________therapy_________
22. Do you have a fenced yard?______________how high______what material?______________
What type of gates do you have__________________________?
What type of dog house do you have?_______________________
What do you feed your dog?________________________________
What made you decide on this brand or type of food__________________________________________
Do you vaccinate?____________Why or why not?________________________________________________
Are you aware of the ingredients in vaccinations and how they react with the body?_________
Which do you consider are the 3 most toxic chemicals in vaccines?__________________________
What are 3 disorders caused or triggered by vaccinations?__________________________________
What type of kennel do you have or will you have?__________________________________________
What are the dimensions of your kennel?____________________________________________________
23. How will you keep your dog confined to your property? House________patio_______
kennel___________fenced yard_______on chain_______garage_______leash_____not confined______
24. Do you plan on taking your dog to obedience training classes?_______________________
25. Are you financially able to care for a new animal friend? Considering feeding, routine vet
care, emergency situations, licensing, etc.?________________________
26. Are you willing to take responsibility for this dog for the rest of it's life:______________
27. Have you considered the time expense to help this companion dog adjust to his/her
new life and provide them with every chance of success, exercising caution and thinking
when introducing them to new circumstances, people and animals?
28. What animals have you surrendered to a shelter?____________________________________
29. What was the fate of those animals?________________________________________________
30. What animals have you given away before?___________________________________________
31. what was the fate of those animals?________________________________________________
32. What are the top 5 reasons that you feel qualify you to adopt one of our Rottweilers?
I agree to alter this animal adopted through Happy Tails Rescue Association within 60 days if
animal Is not already altered and old enough to be altered. I understand that if
I fail to comply, the animal may be removed from my home, without refund of adoption fee, by
Happy Tails Rescue Association or it's representatives._____________________________________
I have read, understood, and agree to the Happy Tails Rescue web site, and the license agreement and disclaimer www.happytailsrescue.com__________________________
July 1, 2010, Happy Tails is over flowing and unable to accept any more owner surrenders at this time.
There are other options for rehoming your dog, we're available for consultation, possible dog food resources or trainer recommendations.
HAPPY TAILS RESCUE ASSOCIATION
a non profit organization
Owner Surrender Application
Happy Tails Rescue accepts spayed & neutered Owner Surrendered Rottweilers on a space available basis, often there is a waiting list. We hope you have already tried all alternatives for suitable placement with family members and friends. Your dog believes he is part of your family and will be confused and hurt when you give him away, we encourage you to keep your dog and are happy
to help with advice or referrals.
Some shelters accept Rottweilers and others do not. Those that do normally charge you an "intake fee. " At the shelter your dog will know fear, stress, hunger, thirst and often even physical abuse and may be killed because of failing absurd "temperament tests" which we consider inappropriate under any circumstances in a strange, stressful environment.
At Happy Tails your dog will be cared for and appropriately placed with exceptional people who have been approved for adoption and have signed our Adoption Contract. Our commitment to each Rottweiler we rehome is forever. Some Rotts are with us a short time and others may be with us a very long time, there are expenses, time and energy associated with
accepting your dog and our commitment to him for his natural life. No one will be turned away because of a financial hardship, your appropriate donation to Happy Tails for accepting your Rottweiler is considered a gift and is tax deductible.
1. Please give a brief description of the animals' medical history and/or vet copy of information
Vet phone__________________Medical problems or surgery____________________________
2. Please elaborate on the reason you wish to relinquish your animal:_______________________________
3. How long have you had your dog?
4. How did you acquire your dog?
5. What other animals do you have in your household?
6 .What training does your dog have?
7. Where does your dog sleep?
8. How many hours a day does your dog spend without humans?
9 Does your dog have any past or present health issues?
10 What medications or vaccinations has your dog had within the last year? Please do NOT vaccinate your dog prior to surrendering, we are holistic.
11 In order to find a suitable home for your dog, please give any pertinent information that pertains to your animal. Please circle the answer that applies.
* Was your animal mostly indoors or outdoors
* Is your animal comfortable around kids, men, women, infants, cats, dogs, horses, small animals
* Is he/she housetrained: yes/no
* Is he/she comfortable being handled, picked up, groomed, bathed, crated
* Is he/she: aggressive, noisy, quiet, energetic, easygoing, friendly, playful, dominant
protective, submissive, shy or timid, nervous, destructive, intelligent, obedient,
* Has your dog every showed signs of separation anxiety yes/ no
* Is he/she comfortable riding in cars/trucks
* Has your animal ever hurt, bitten or harmed another animal or person yes/no
* Circumstances of bite, who/what/where/other aniamals etc. ______________________________________________________
* What type of training does he/she have
* What food has this dog normally eaten, cooked, raw, treats?
* What made you select these food? ____________________________________
STATEMENT OF SURRENDER/TRANSFER OF OWNERSHIP
I legally have the right and ownership of this animal and surrender it to Happy Tails Rescue Association or it’s agents. I unconditionally relinquish all rights of ownership and interests in the animal described above, which I own, or which I have custody. I understand this animal may be placed into a new home at the discretion of Happy Tails Rescue Association, without recourse on my part. Your ownership is relinquished directly to the new owner.. The undersigned assumes complete liability over said animal
and states that this animal does NOT fall within the definition of a "dangerous" or "vicious" animal within this county or state, nor has it, to our knowledge, been declared a "dangerous" or "vicious" animal within this county or state. Furthermore, I understand that if I seek to restore ownership of this animal, I may have to go through the regular adoption procedures. To the best of my knowledge this animal has not bitten anyone in the last 30 days.
If you're interested in trying something different for your dog, check out Wysong's excellent colleciton of top quality foods. Great selections, including Duck, Venison, Bison and more, your dog will thank you for the great food and you'll feel better knowing that you're giving him the best.
Will you please consider what it takes to save a Rottweiler's life
This is how your adoption "donation" is spent
Here's where our time is spent:
* Driving in all weather conditions, a minimum 4 hours to pick up a dog, often 5 or 10 hours, and at today's gas prices!
* Driving to deliver a dog, or meet someone half way, again a 2-5 hour trip for us.
* Photo sessions, update photos/bios for 3 major online animal friend sites for maximum exposure
* After adoption question answering, problem solving, counseling and guidance to owners
* Information verification on application, more time, long distance phone calls, emails, paperworkd
* Volunteer transporting a leg (2-10 hours) for other rescue groups
* Repair/maintenance water lines, roofs, shelter walls, dog houses, cratess, kennels, runs.
* So many Rotties are energetic and rough on housing, rebuiding is nearly constant
* Catching escape artists and rebuilding that enclosure to be more escape proof for very athletic ones
* Poop detail, breaking frozen water in winter
* Juggling personalities every time a new "guest" arrives, too many dogs, not enough shelters.
* Cleaning up trash, dog food bags, bones, shredded toys, blankets, spills.
* Twice daily feeding/watering to insure 24 hour availabiliy, cleaning bowls
* Settling squabbles with bossy or dominant dogs over more submissive ones
Here's the things we pay for on a regular basis
* Long distance phone calls
* GAS and lots of it, tires, automotive expenses, automobile gates, bungies, air freshners
* Geneeral office supplies, photo copy paper, ink cartridges, pens, pencils, voice mail, PC repair
* Cell phone, business phone, computer, digital camera, desk, chairs, phones, web design capabilities
* FOOD, some dogs are with us many, many months before they're adopted, many are undernourished on arrival
* BARF delivery or pick up of bones and raw food, weekly purchase of Kibble dog food, minimum 2 hour drive
* Blankets, dog bowls, dog dishes, leashes, collars, crates, dog beds, toys, tuggies
* Building materials for shelters, plywood, screws, nails, straw, metal roofing
* Chain link dog runs, field fencing, T Posts, clamps, wire, hinges, tarps, rope
* Dog houses, dog brushes, brooms, hoses, buckets, mops, vacuums,caranimal friends
* First aid supplies, traditional herbs, garlic, yogourt,
* Neutering & spaying
* Energency vet care
We're grateful for the following generous contributions, and ask you to open your heart toward helping with our efforts too. Small amounts add up quickly! Unlike the financial wealthy humane societies we do not have tens of thousands of contributors, unlike them none of our dogs will be killed, your donation to them is just one of tens of thousands, your donation to us truly makes a difference.
Please visit our wonderful ADOPTABLE ROTTIES
Just one click below on "animal friend finder Pages" and you'll conect to all current listings! Thanks for your visit, please stop by again!
animal friendfinder Pages
Happy Tails Newsletter will be offering exciting training tips, educational, natural health information and specials on our WildCrafted & Natural Farmacy collections, formulated for Mutts & Men, Nags & Hags, Fillies & Friends & Ewe Too! Experience the fragrant botanical and gentle herbal Tinctures, Body Butters, Essential Oils, Salves, Coat Spritzes, Bio Magnetics and more, all with zero harsh toxins and synthetic ingredients.
Find out what your dog might really be saying to you? Can he trust and believe your body language? If you were a dog, would you pass a "temperament test' ? Does your dog respect you or treat you more like a chew toy? Can you really share your Mango Orange Extreme Body Butter with your pooch? Will be share ( or resource guard ) his Yuppy Puppy Coat Spritz with you?
In order to receive our unconventional, wild & untamed newsletters, we need to hear from you.
Would you mind confirming your subscription?
Happy Tails until we meet again!
Click Here! The Alkaline Diet Strategy That Will Work Wonders For You.
Donate Online, please will you help fill our bucket? If everyone that visited our site and was moved by it or the stories
of the Rotts, your spare change can literally help save lives. Most people don't give because of a lack of generosity, but because they feel their gift is insufficient. Every little drop of even $1.00 or $2.00 ( that's less than a large SODA or that daily espresso ) is very important and would help fill and eventually over flow our bucket.