<bgsound src="wolves.mid">
Happy Tails
Rescue Association

a 501(c)(3)Non-profit organization

"Dedicated To The Rescue And Rehoming Of Rottweilers"

Trains, Boats & Planes and Cars too, for animals!

Custom Search

Thank you for considering donating your vehicle, truck, van, horse trailer etc. to Happy Tails Rescue.    With your generous donations, and the invaluable services of professional towing contractors, Happy Tails Rescue is able to convert your donated vehicles into cash.

Q    What type of "vehicles" will Happy Tails Rescue accept?            More Info

Q    Will my Vehicle or Equipment really help?            More Info

Q    How do these donations work?            More Info

Q    How do I deduct my donation on my taxes?            More Info

Q    How does Happy Tails get my vehicle?            More Info

Q    How do I sign off on my vehicle?            More Info

Q    What do I do with the Registration?            More Info

Q    How do I get started with my vehicle donation?            More Info

A       Vehicles

The Trains, Boats, Planes & Cars for Animals program

Happy Tails Rescue accepts operational cars, vans, trucks, campers, travel trailers, utility trailers, horse trailers, planes, boats, motorcycles, ATV’s, snowmobiles, RV’s, jet skis, and even scooters.    Most vehicles are accepted and heavy equipment such as backhoes, trackhoes, cats, ditch witches or farm machinery and operational power tools & generators are accepted...in other words  Boyz Toyz .

Some items can be immediately put to use while your other items are resold at auctions or by private sale.  The better the condition of your donation, the easier to sell it at a fair price, thus realizing a greater return for our efforts and more revenue to help provide for the animals.    If you have specific questions, please give us a call.

back to top of page

A       Will my Vehicle or Equipment really help?

Vehicles and equipment in good or better shape are accepted.   Naturally a vehicle or piece of equipment in better condition will be easier to sell for a decent price at an auction.   Scrap Vehicles or those in pretty sorry condition don't help us.   If you have questions about a specific vehicle or other piece of equipment please call us

back to top of page

A       How does this work?

Most operational vehicles and heavy equipment are taken to Heaverlos Auction services in Yakima and sold at an open-to-the-public auction, other items are left there on consignment. Happy Tails Rescues pays for the auction services who earns their fee for processing the DMV paperwork, providing the auction service and towing or transportation expenses, which normally means about 85 - 90% of the proceeds directly benefits Happy Tails Rescue! 

back to top of page

A       How do I deduct my donation on my taxes?

Happy Tails Rescue will provide you with an official "thank you" indicating proof of your donation.   After your vehicle or other item sells, we'll mail you the official tax-receipt that you'll need for your tax deduction purposes.   Check this site    Official IRS website     for more detailed information regarding vehicle donations.

back to top of page

A       How does Happy Tails get my vehicle?

The easiest way is to arrange an appointment for you to personally drive and drop off your vehicle, keys and signed off Title Certificate at our office on Goldendale.  We'll have your receipt waiting for you.   If that isn't convenient, then we'll need to make other arrangements to have it towed or perhaps locate a volunteer pick it up for us.

back to top of page

A       How do I sign off on my title?

DMV is very particular and will not accept messy signatures or improperly signed titles.   The Title needs to be signed off correctly and by all parties before Happy Tails Rescue can accept the vehicle.   Make sure you don't sign where it says, “ . . .security interest holder or lessor releasing all interest.”    You'll need to sign under   “seller’s printed name”   or   “signature of owner releasing interest/certifying odometer reading”.

back to top of page

A       What do I do with the Registration?

Happy Tails Rescue also needs the Registration Card.   There's nothing that you have to sign or fill in on the Passenger Registration Card.  Just bring it with the keys and Title Certificate and we'll fill out the appropriate information and send it to the DMV.   This lets DMV know that you have donated your vehicle.

back to top of page

A       How do I get started with my vehicle donation?

If you have further questions or are ready to donate your vehicle or other equipment to Happy Tails Rescue, give us a call and we'll help you with the process and answer any other questions you might have.

back to top of page

 Happy Tails Rescue Home

  Donations main page

Happy Tails Rescue Association
511 E Broadway
Goldendale, Wa 98620
Contributions to Happy Tails Rescue are tax deductable and we'll be happy to send you a receipt by return mail.

Will you please help save other guys like Tyson,   BOOF!

   Donations?   Please help fill our bucket.  If everyone that visited our site and was moved by it or the stories of the Rotts, your spare change can literally help save lives.  Most people don't give because of a lack of generosity, but because they feel their gift is insufficient.  Every little drop of even $1.00 or $2.00  ( that's less than a large SODA)  is very important and would help fill and eventually over flow our bucket.

Your donation means a great deal to us, unlike giving to the financially wealthy human societies with tens of thousands of contributors, your donation makes is greatly appreciated and makes a direct difference in our rescue efforts.